Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Of other birth events

You can't merely have a birth without some drama - as if the birth isn't enough drama for anyone! The excitement...the anticipation...
Julie was concerned about JP driving home. He was a tired papa. It had been a looonnnggg day for the two of them and it was now about 10;30 or so and he was getting ready to head home. Julie asked if we could caravan back to Fergus FAlls. JP now had Aaleigha who'd stayed with Julie's parents, Terry and Tracy. She was a little fireplug through the whole evening and now was ready to crash.
JP went out to start both of our vehicles and dusted off the light snow, I got to hold Aaveah one more time and then JP and I were out the door. As he was getting Aaleigha strapped in, I discovered my explorer doors were locked...with the keys in the ignition...and the vehicle was running!

Oh dear!

I told JP and said I had to get a locksmith. Afterall, Doug certainly wouldn't entertain driving all the way to Alex after working a whole shift to bring me any keys! He'd be pooped and he had a busy day the next day of bus driving!
A call to the police department garnered me the names of two towing companies. Towing? I asked. Yes, the dispatcher said. The police don't do unlocks anymore and towing companies are cheaper than locksmiths.

So $35 later, I'm on the road following JP back to Fergus after calling Doug and letting him know. I still have no hearing on my left ear after he yel...after he shou....after he expressed his displeasure.

So we're basking in the delight of grandchild No. 4. That's two boys and two girls all born within four years.
I am taking time off to be with Julie when she arrives home. I'll be with her and girls while JP is at work. It will be a good time for Julie just to recuperate for a few days and gives me some special grandma time!
Ahhhh. can life be any sweeter?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I haven't looked at your blog for sometime so I did just now and I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed your writings. It was so much fun to get caught up and read your updates in the last few entries.