No one was probably noticing how fashionable I was last night as the Hillcrest Boys Basketball Team won the Section 6A Boys Basketball Championship.
Just so you know, I was wearing a red and white boa curled around my neck once because, hey, that baby is looonnngggg.
But what a fashion statement!
As the boys and Hillcrest students took to the floor after the win, I could be seen bobbing and weaving through the fray, hugging players, fans and parents.
What a win! The last time we were heading to state was in 2001. Our sons, Wayne and JP were on that team. And now its our Andy.
But at Hillcrest, it doesn't matter if you really have a child on the team. We are all family! And that family has been out in droves as this group of talented, spiritual guys have marched towards state!
And my constant companion has been this red and white boa.
Nine years is a long time in boa years. Boa years. Similar to dog years, I think. And for nine years, I have to admit, that boa is looking pretty good!
And so, as we make our plans for the week and plan our packing, the boa is at the top of the list of "must haves."
Because, really, can a girl, especially Mom Stender, NOT be seen without her boa?
I mean, really!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment